Something I love: I love walking into a women’s event and, at my first glimpse of the room and its decorations, my first reaction is “WOW.” I love being surprised and excited about what is to come based on the look of the room. The world calls that “The WOW Factor.” I’m here to tell you that “The WOW Factor” does not require a huge decorating budget, which most smaller churches do not have.
What the “WOW Factor” does require is someone with vision who is willing to develop it within your working budget. We are a small church. Sometimes we may have a little left in our account from previous retreats or events which is available to use. We are trying to keep the price of the retreat down as much as possible, so we try to add as little as possible to the individual retreat price.
Here are a few ideas for creating a budgetary margin for decorations:
- Offer table decoration for sale after the event
- Add a small amount to the individual’s cost for the event designated to decorations
- Use multi-purpose decorations that can double as give-aways
- Use the crafting talents of your ladies to create what would be too expensive to purchase
- Do focal point decorating